is a topic covered in the Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Obligate intracellular Gram-negative bacteria.
- Grows like a virus (requires cell culture systems) but is a bacterium with RNA and DNA.
- As intracellular organism-parasite, requires host cell for ATP/GTP.
- Known to also cause disease in koalas, reptiles and amphibians.
- Elementary body is metabolically inactive form, has rigid cell wall that permits survival outside cell [Fig]. Inside cell is seen as inclusion body.
- Incubation culture to positivity: average 21 d.
- Historically known as the "TWAR" agent, as two of the original isolates were from Taiwan.
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: February 3, 2019
Fabre, Valeria, and John G Bartlett. "Chlamydia Pneumoniae." Johns Hopkins ABX Guide, The Johns Hopkins University, 2019. Johns Hopkins Guide, www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540117/all/Chlamydia_pneumoniae.
Fabre V, Bartlett JG. Chlamydia pneumoniae. Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2019. https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540117/all/Chlamydia_pneumoniae. Accessed March 23, 2019.
Fabre, V., & Bartlett, J. G. (2019). Chlamydia pneumoniae. In Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. Available from https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540117/all/Chlamydia_pneumoniae
Fabre V, Bartlett JG. Chlamydia Pneumoniae [Internet]. In: Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2019. [cited 2019 March 23]. Available from: https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540117/all/Chlamydia_pneumoniae.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Chlamydia pneumoniae
ID - 540117
A1 - Fabre,Valeria,M.D.
AU - Bartlett,John,M.D.
Y1 - 2019/02/03/
BT - Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
UR - https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540117/all/Chlamydia_pneumoniae
PB - The Johns Hopkins University
DB - Johns Hopkins Guide
DP - Unbound Medicine