Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Fastidious, facultative anaerobic Gram negative coccobacillus.
- Requires hemin (X factor) for growth but no requirement for NAD (V factor)
- Three types of nutritionally enriched media needed for growth.
- Organism co-localizes with neutrophils and fibrin at the ulcerative stage of disease.
- Specific molecular techniques used to identify likely geographic origin of strains.