Johns Hopkins Guides provide diagnosis, management, and treatment guidance for infectious diseases, diabetes, and psychiatric conditions. Explore these free sample topics:
~~ The first section of this topic is shown below ~~
- Fastidious, facultative anaerobic Gram negative coccobacillus.
- Requires hemin (X factor) for growth but no requirement for NAD (V factor)
- Three types of nutritionally enriched media needed for growth.
- Organism co-localizes with neutrophils and fibrin at the ulcerative stage of disease.
- Specific molecular techniques used to identify likely geographic origin of strains.