- Respiratory tract infections S. pneumoniae and S. pyogenes
- Author’s comment: generally not recommended, certainly empirically.
- Otitis media caused by S. pneumoniae, H. influenzae, S. aureus (MSSA), S. pyogenes, and M. catarrhalis
- Skin and skin-structure infections caused by S. pyogenes and S. aureus (MSSA)
- Osteomyelitis: MSSA and/or P. mirabilis
- Author’s comment: not a first-line agent.
- Urinary tract infections including acute prostatitis caused by E. coli, P. mirabilis, and K. pneumoniae
- Author’s comment: not a first-line agent
NON-FDA APPROVED USES
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.