Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Upper respiratory tract infections including acute otitis media, pharyngitis, tonsillitis, acute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis (AECB), and acute maxillary sinusitis
- Acute uncomplicated urethral and cervical gonorrhea and ano-rectal gonorrhea (females) caused by N. gonorrhoeae [no longer recommended, cefixime preferred]
- Uncomplicated skin and skin-structure infections S. aureus (MSSA) or S. pyogenes.
- Uncomplicated urinary tract infections caused by E. coli, K. pneumoniae, P. mirabilis, or S. saprophyticus.
- Community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) caused by S. pneumoniae or H. influenzae