Johns Hopkins Guides provide diagnosis, management, and treatment guidance for infectious diseases, diabetes, and psychiatric conditions. Explore these free sample topics:
~~ The first section of this topic is shown below ~~
- Otitis media caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, Staphylococci, and Streptococcus pyogenes
- Lower respiratory tract infections including pneumonia caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, and Streptococcus (author’s comment: not a first line agent)
- Pharyngitis and tonsillitis caused by Streptococcus pyogenes (PCN is the drug of choice).
- Pyelonephritis and cystitis caused by Escherichia coli, Proteus mirabilis, Klebsiella spp., and coagulase-negative staphylococci (author’s comment: not a first line agent)
- Skin and skin structure infections caused by Staphylococcus aureus (MSSA) and Streptococcus pyogenes