Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Otitis media caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, Staphylococci, and Streptococcus pyogenes
- Lower respiratory tract infections including pneumonia caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, and Streptococcus (author’s comment: not a first line agent)
- Pharyngitis and tonsillitis caused by Streptococcus pyogenes (PCN is the drug of choice).
- Pyelonephritis and cystitis caused by Escherichia coli, Proteus mirabilis, Klebsiella spp., and coagulase-negative staphylococci (author’s comment: not a first line agent)
- Skin and skin structure infections caused by Staphylococcus aureus (MSSA) and Streptococcus pyogenes