- Otitis media caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, Staphylococci, and Streptococcus pyogenes
- Lower respiratory tract infections including pneumonia caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, and Streptococcus (author’s comment: not a first-line agent)
- Pharyngitis and tonsillitis caused by Streptococcus pyogenes (PCN is the drug of choice).
- Pyelonephritis and cystitis caused by Escherichia coli, Proteus mirabilis, Klebsiella spp., and coagulase-negative staphylococci (author’s comment: not a first-line agent)
- Skin and skin structure infections caused by Staphylococcus aureus (MSSA) and Streptococcus pyogenes
NON-FDA APPROVED USES
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.