Type your tag names separated by a space and hit enter
Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- C. canimorsus (previously known as DF-2, dysgonic fermenter) and C. cynodegmi (previously known as DF-2 like organism) are facultatively anaerobic Gram-negative rods, part of normal oral flora of dogs and cats.
- C. cynodegmi is considered less virulent than C. canimorsus.
- Other Capnocytophaga species may be part of normal human oral flora or dental plaque, e.g., C. sputigena and C. gingivalis.
- Organisms have a long, fusiform appearance on gram stain, making it distinctive enough to consider morphologic identification pending cx results.
- Organisms considered fastidious by micro lab.
- Most strains are resistant to polymyxin, fusidic acid, fosfomycin and trimethoprim.