Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Now called B. cepacia complex (Bcc) with 3 species: B. cepacia, B. cenocepacia and B. multivorans. Nonfermenting aerobic Gram-negative rod.
- Easily grown on standard media.
- Ubiquitous: water, soil, plants.
- Waterborne, nosocomial, opportunistic pathogen.
- Formerly known as Pseudomonas cepacia.