Type your tag names separated by a space and hit enter
Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Aerobic, intraceullular gram negative coccobacilli causing brucellosis.
- Grows on a variety of media, usually within 24-48h of inoculation.
- Zoonotic disease, most important species for human infections:
- B. abortus (cattle, buffalo)
- B. melitensis (goat, sheep, camel)
- B.suis (swine, wild animals)
- B. canis (dog)
- Less common:
- B. ovis (sheep)
- B. neotomae (desert and wood rats)
- Three marine species also described afflicting marine mammals (B. delphini, B. pinnipediae, B. cetaceae) have been described causing human disease.
- Most human disease due to B. arbortus and B. melitensis.