is a topic covered in the Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Non-enveloped double-stranded DNA virus.
- There are 7 human species (A-G) and >60 types.
- Recent outbreaks linked to types 4, 7, and 14.
- Easily transmitted: aerosolized droplet, fecal-oral, waterborne, fomites and instruments.
- Persists in environment, may remain infectious at room temperature up to 3 wks.
- Stable at low pH, resistant to gastric and biliary secretions.
- Replicates to high viral load in gut. Can be asymptomatically shed.
- Detection in stool often precedes detection in blood, GI tract may serve as reservoir for reactivation.
- Few serotypes, i.e., subgroup C, can induce latent infection in lymphoepithelial tissue.
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: June 5, 2019
Spacek, Lisa A. "Adenovirus." Johns Hopkins ABX Guide, The Johns Hopkins University, 2019. Johns Hopkins Guide, www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540009/all/Adenovirus.
Spacek LA. Adenovirus. Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2019. https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540009/all/Adenovirus. Accessed July 17, 2019.
Spacek, L. A. (2019). Adenovirus. In Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. Available from https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540009/all/Adenovirus
Spacek LA. Adenovirus [Internet]. In: Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2019. [cited 2019 July 17]. Available from: https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540009/all/Adenovirus.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Adenovirus
ID - 540009
A1 - Spacek,Lisa,M.D., Ph.D.
Y1 - 2019/06/05/
BT - Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
UR - https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540009/all/Adenovirus
PB - The Johns Hopkins University
DB - Johns Hopkins Guide
DP - Unbound Medicine