Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Non-enveloped double-stranded DNA virus.
- There are 7 human species (A-G) and >60 types.
- Easily transmitted: aerosolized droplet, fecal-oral, waterborne, fomites and instruments.
- Persists in environment, may remain infectious at room temperature up to 3 wks.
- Stable at low pH, resistant to gastric and biliary secretions.
- Virus can replicate to high viral load in gut.
- Can remain latent in lymphoepithelial tissue.