Johns Hopkins Guides provide diagnosis, management, and treatment guidance for infectious diseases, diabetes, and psychiatric conditions. Explore these free sample topics:
~~ The first section of this topic is shown below ~~
- Non-enveloped double-stranded DNA virus.
- There are 7 human species (A-G) and >60 types. 
- Easily transmitted: aerosolized droplet, fecal-oral, waterborne, fomites and instruments.
- Persists in environment, may remain infectious at room temperature up to 3 wks.
- Stable at low pH, resistant to gastric and biliary secretions.
- Virus can replicate to high viral load in gut.
- Can remain latent in lymphoepithelial tissue.