Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Aerobic gram-negative coccobacillus or rod
- Common in the environment (water, soil) and hospitals (catheters, lotions, ventilation equipment).
- Grows on standard agar media.
- Oxidase negative
- A. baumannii is the major species of Acinetobacter.
- Occasional other species include: A. calcoaceticus, A. lwoffi, A. junii, A. johnsonii and A. baylyi.