Dementia with Lewy Bodies
is a topic covered in the Johns Hopkins Psychiatry Guide
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Dementia with Lewy bodies (DLB) is a primary neurodegenerative disorder affecting cognitive function and movement.
- Early symptoms include prominent deficits in attention, as well as visuospatial and executive dysfunction.
- Additional features include parkinsonism, hallucinations, cognitive fluctuations, and REM sleep behavior disorder.
- One of the synucleinopathies
- Lewy bodies: abnormal protein aggregates composed of α-synuclein
- Cognitive impairment due to Lewy bodies is classified under the neurocognitive disorders (NCDs) section of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th Edition (DSM-5).
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: March 1, 2017
McClam, Tamela, and Gregory Pontone. "Dementia With Lewy Bodies." Johns Hopkins Psychiatry Guide, 2017. Johns Hopkins Guide, www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_Psychiatry_Guide/787109/6/Dementia_with_Lewy_Bodies.
McClam T, Pontone G. Dementia with Lewy Bodies. Johns Hopkins Psychiatry Guide. 2017. https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_Psychiatry_Guide/787109/6/Dementia_with_Lewy_Bodies. Accessed October 20, 2019.
McClam, T., & Pontone, G. (2017). Dementia with Lewy Bodies. In Johns Hopkins Psychiatry Guide. Available from https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_Psychiatry_Guide/787109/6/Dementia_with_Lewy_Bodies
McClam T, Pontone G. Dementia With Lewy Bodies [Internet]. In: Johns Hopkins Psychiatry Guide. ; 2017. [cited 2019 October 20]. Available from: https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_Psychiatry_Guide/787109/6/Dementia_with_Lewy_Bodies.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Dementia with Lewy Bodies
ID - 787109
A1 - McClam,Tamela,M.D.
AU - Pontone,Gregory,M.D.
Y1 - 2017/03/01/
BT - Johns Hopkins Psychiatry Guide
UR - https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_Psychiatry_Guide/787109/6/Dementia_with_Lewy_Bodies
DB - Johns Hopkins Guide
DP - Unbound Medicine