Japanese Encephalitis Vaccine
- Inactivated SA-14 virus strain: grown in Vero cells (IXIARO).
- The only licensed vaccine in the U.S. is indicated in the U.S. for all persons > 2 months of age.
- The same vaccine is sold in other countries as JESPECT.
- In some other countries, a live, attenuated SA-14 strain vaccine is available.
- The previously available (Biken) vaccine grown in mouse-brain is only available in Japan.
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.