- Acne vulgaris
- Adjunctive therapy if severe
- Adjunctive therapy
- Anthrax due to Bacillus anthracis
- If PCN allergic
- Uncomplicated gonorrhea caused by Neisseria gonorrhoeae
- Syphilis caused by Treponema pallidum
- Yaws caused by Treponema pertenue
- Listeriosis due to Listeria monocytogenes
- Vincent’s infection caused by Fusobacterium nucleatum subsp fusiforme
- Actinomycosis caused by Actinomyces israelii
- Infections caused by Clostridia species
- Relapsing fever caused by Borrelia recurrentis
- Respiratory infections
- Rickettsial infections
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Trachoma, inclusion conjunctivitis caused by C. trachomatis.
- Gram-negative infections caused by Y. pestis, F. tularensis, V. cholerae, C. fetus, Brucella spp., B. bacilliformis, C. granulomatis.
- Prophylaxis due to P. falciparum for short-term (< 4 months) travelers to regions with chloroquine and/or pyrimethamine-sulfadoxine-resistant strains.
NON-FDA APPROVED USES
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.