Trimethoprim + Sulfamethoxazole
- Traveler’s diarrhea
- Otitis media (with documented sensitive S. pneumoniae)
- Due to susceptible strains of Haemophilus influenzae or Streptococcus pneumoniae.
- Pneumocystis jiroveci pneumonia (PCP, treatment and prophylaxis)
- Urinary tract infections
- Microbiologic indications (per prescribing information): likely active against most strains; however, increasing resistance seen for some spp. e.g., Klebsiella and Enterobacter. Check susceptibility profiles.
- Aerobic gram-positive microorganisms:
- Aerobic gram-negative microorganisms:
- Other Organisms:
NON-FDA APPROVED USES
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.