- Voriconazole is FDA approved for the following indications in adults and pediatrics ≥ 2 years of age:
- Invasive aspergillosis
- Serious infections caused by Scedosporium apiospermum (Pseudallescheria boydii) and Fusarium spp. (including F. solani) in patients intolerant of, or refractory to, other therapies.
- Esophageal candidiasis
- Candidemia in non-neutropenic patients and other deep tissue Candida infections
NON-FDA APPROVED USES
- Prophylaxis of invasive aspergillosis and disseminated candidiasis in severely immunocompromised hosts
- Based on in-vitro data and limited clinical experience, voriconazole may be effective for infections due to certain dematiaceous fungi (C. immitis)
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.