Meditative Therapies and Type 2 Diabetes
- Meditative therapies encompass a broad range of mind-body activities to reduce stress and improve health.
- There are many forms of meditation, differentiated by the type of mental activity that is practiced and the philosophy underlying the training.
- The most common forms studied include mindfulness-based therapies such as mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) and Chinese therapies such as QiGong.
- Meditative therapies are not designed to treat any specific medical condition, but may have additional health benefits for persons with chronic diseases such as diabetes.
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
Last updated: January 7, 2018
Goyal, Madhav. "Meditative Therapies and Type 2 Diabetes." Johns Hopkins Diabetes Guide, 2018. Johns Hopkins Guides, www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_Diabetes_Guide/547181/all/Meditative_Therapies_and_Type_2_Diabetes.
Goyal M. Meditative Therapies and Type 2 Diabetes. Johns Hopkins Diabetes Guide. 2018. https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_Diabetes_Guide/547181/all/Meditative_Therapies_and_Type_2_Diabetes. Accessed June 3, 2023.
Goyal, M. (2018). Meditative Therapies and Type 2 Diabetes. In Johns Hopkins Diabetes Guide https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_Diabetes_Guide/547181/all/Meditative_Therapies_and_Type_2_Diabetes
Goyal M. Meditative Therapies and Type 2 Diabetes [Internet]. In: Johns Hopkins Diabetes Guide. ; 2018. [cited 2023 June 03]. Available from: https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_Diabetes_Guide/547181/all/Meditative_Therapies_and_Type_2_Diabetes.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Meditative Therapies and Type 2 Diabetes ID - 547181 A1 - Goyal,Madhav,M.D., M.P.H Y1 - 2018/01/07/ BT - Johns Hopkins Diabetes Guide UR - https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_Diabetes_Guide/547181/all/Meditative_Therapies_and_Type_2_Diabetes DB - Johns Hopkins Guides DP - Unbound Medicine ER -