Health Care Delivery Systems for Diabetes
is a topic covered in the Johns Hopkins Diabetes Guide
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) is a health care reform law that was passed in 2010 with the hopes of expanding insurance coverage for several eligible Americans who previously lacked health insurance.
- Since passage, the law has provided health insurance coverage to 20 million new Americans.
- The act also contains several sections which can potentially impact the care of patients with diabetes as listed below; however, the actual impact the law has had on patients and providers is still being determined.
- However of note, in 2017, the U.S. Senate has proposed multiple budget measures that set the stage to repeal parts of the ACA that are currently under consideration.
- This is partly because of the increased cost.
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: September 4, 2017
Fesseha, Betty, and Lipika Samal. "Health Care Delivery Systems for Diabetes." Johns Hopkins Diabetes Guide, 2017. Johns Hopkins Guide, www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_Diabetes_Guide/547159/all/Health_Care_Delivery_Systems_for_Diabetes.
Fesseha B, Samal L. Health Care Delivery Systems for Diabetes. Johns Hopkins Diabetes Guide. 2017. https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_Diabetes_Guide/547159/all/Health_Care_Delivery_Systems_for_Diabetes. Accessed July 22, 2019.
Fesseha, B., & Samal, L. (2017). Health Care Delivery Systems for Diabetes. In Johns Hopkins Diabetes Guide. Available from https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_Diabetes_Guide/547159/all/Health_Care_Delivery_Systems_for_Diabetes
Fesseha B, Samal L. Health Care Delivery Systems for Diabetes [Internet]. In: Johns Hopkins Diabetes Guide. ; 2017. [cited 2019 July 22]. Available from: https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_Diabetes_Guide/547159/all/Health_Care_Delivery_Systems_for_Diabetes.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Health Care Delivery Systems for Diabetes
ID - 547159
A1 - Fesseha,Betty,M.D., MPH
AU - Samal,Lipika,M.D.
Y1 - 2017/09/04/
BT - Johns Hopkins Diabetes Guide
UR - https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_Diabetes_Guide/547159/all/Health_Care_Delivery_Systems_for_Diabetes
DB - Johns Hopkins Guide
DP - Unbound Medicine