Joel E. Gallant, M.D., M.P.H.
- Associate Medical Director of Specialty Services, Southwest CARE Center, Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Adjunct Professor of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Clinical Professor of Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of New Mexico School of Medicine
- 95 peer-reviewed research publications
- 28 review articles
- 41 editorials, letters and case reports
- Co-author, with John G. Bartlett, of the Medical Management of HIV Infection
- Co-editor of Sande’s HIV/AIDS Management 2013 and Sande’s HIV/AIDS Management: Global Care
- Author of 100 Questions and Answers about HIV and AIDS
- M.D., University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine
- Residency and Chief Residency in Internal Medicine, Yale-New Haven Hospital
- M.P.H., Johns Hopkins University School of Hygiene and Public Health
- Fellowship in Infectious Diseases, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Fellow, American College of Physicians
- Fellow, Infectious Disease Society of America
- Chair, Board of Directors, HIV Medicine Association
- Governing Council, International AIDS Society
- Board of Directors, International Antiviral Society-USA
- American Academy of HIV Medicine (HIV specialist credential)
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Infectious Disease Committee member
- Editor-in-chief, Johns Hopkins HIV Guide
- Associate editor, HIV Web Study
- Editorial Board: Journal of Infectious Diseases
- Professor of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Professor of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Chief Resident and Instructor, Department of Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine.
- Investigator: HIV Prevention Trials Network (HPTN)
- Lead author: GS934, GS903, GS114, ESS30009
- Research Support: Bristol-Myers Squibb, Gilead Sciences, Merck & Co., Sangamo Biosciences, Vertex Pharmaceuticals, ViiV Healthcare
- DSMB/ERC Member - Takara Bio, Inc.
- Advisory Board/Consulting - Bristol Myers Squibb, Gilead Sciences, Merck & Co., Janssen Therapeutics
Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Learn more.