Baricitinib is indicated for treating COVID-19 in hospitalized patients requiring supplemental oxygen, non-invasive or invasive mechanical ventilation, or ECMO.
- Evaluate baseline eGFR, liver enzymes, and complete blood count to determine treatment suitability. Monitor patients with abnormal baseline values closely.
- Baricitinib is not recommended for:
- Patients with ESRD or those receiving dialysis
- Patients with known active tuberculosis
- Limited information is available on using baricitinib in combination with systemic corticosteroids for managing patients with COVID-19.
Baricitinib is FDA-approved in adult patients for managing moderate to severe active rheumatoid arthritis who have had an inadequate response to one or more tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-antagonist therapies. The rest of the drug summary will include no additional information related to this treatment indication.
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.