Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Gram-positive pleomorphic rod that grows best anaerobically.
- Usually inhabits human skin, sebaceous glands, nasopharynx, GI/GU tracts.
- Generally sensitive to beta-lactams and resistant to aminoglycosides.
- Slow growth, often >5-6d.
- Incubation time, may require up to 14d to recover clinically significant isolates from prosthetic joint infections, for example.