Intravenous immune globulin
is a topic covered in the Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Bone marrow transplant (to prevent graft vs host disease)
- Primary immunoglobulin deficiency
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenia (ITP)
- Prevention of bacterial infections in HIV-infected children who are not receiving prophylaxis (FDA approved but generally not recommended); Kawasaki disease.
- VZV post-exposure prophylaxis (if Varicella-Zoster immune globulin is not available)
- Anemia due to parvovirus B19 infection.
- Non-FDA approved indications with established efficacy: Guillain-Barre syndrome; steroid resistant dermatomyositis; multifocal motor neuropathy.
- Non-FDA approved indications that is still controversial: patients with Strep TSS treated with IVIG had a trend toward a lower mortality rate.
- Severe C. difficile-associated colitis (based on case reports) .
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: February 2, 2011
Pham, Paul A, and John G Bartlett. "Intravenous Immune Globulin." Johns Hopkins ABX Guide, The Johns Hopkins University, 2011. Johns Hopkins Guide, www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540292/all/Intravenous_immune_globulin.
Pham PA, Bartlett JG. Intravenous immune globulin. Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2011. https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540292/all/Intravenous_immune_globulin. Accessed September 17, 2019.
Pham, P. A., & Bartlett, J. G. (2011). Intravenous immune globulin. In Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. Available from https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540292/all/Intravenous_immune_globulin
Pham PA, Bartlett JG. Intravenous Immune Globulin [Internet]. In: Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2011. [cited 2019 September 17]. Available from: https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540292/all/Intravenous_immune_globulin.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Intravenous immune globulin
ID - 540292
A1 - Pham,Paul,Pharm.D.
AU - Bartlett,John,M.D.
Y1 - 2011/02/02/
BT - Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
UR - https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540292/all/Intravenous_immune_globulin
PB - The Johns Hopkins University
DB - Johns Hopkins Guide
DP - Unbound Medicine