Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Spore-forming anaerobe, Gram-positive bacillus [Fig 1].
- Found in human and animal feces, also in water and soils.
- Produces toxins A and B that cause colitis in humans.
- Occasionally grown in anaerobic cultures, rarely a cause of infection other than colitis.
- Renamed Clostridioides difficile (2013) to differentiate from other members of Clostridium genus.