Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Respiratory tract infections S. pneumoniae and S. pyogenes
- Author’s comment: generally not recommended, certainly empirically.
- Otitis media caused by S. pneumoniae, H. influenzae, S. aureus (MSSA), S. pyogenes, and M. catarrhalis
- Skin and skin-structure infections caused by S. pyogenes and S. aureus (MSSA)
- Osteomyelitis: MSSA and/or P. mirabilis
- Author’s comment: not a first-line agent.
- Urinary tract infections including acute prostatitis caused by E. coli, P. mirabilis, and K. pneumoniae
- Author’s comment: not a first-line agent