- Uncomplicated urinary tract infections caused by E. coli or K. pneumoniae (PO and IV)
- Uncomplicated skin and skin-structure infections caused by S. aureus or S. pyogenes (PO and IV) E. coli, Klebsiella spp., and Enterobacter spp. (IV)
- Impetigo (pediatric patients) (PO)
- Upper respiratory tract infections including acute otitis media, acute maxillary sinusitis, acute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis, and pharyngitis/tonsillitis (PO)
- Early Lyme disease (erythema migrans) caused by B. burgdorferi (PO)
- Lower respiratory tract infections including community-acquired pneumonia (CAP, IV)
- Septicemia caused by S. aureus, S. pneumoniae, E. coli, H. influenzae, Klebsiella spp. (IV only)
- Meningitis S. pneumoniae, H. influenzae, N. meningitidis, and S. aureus (MSSA) (IV only).
- Author’s comment: nafcillin preferred for MSSA meningitis.
- Bone and joint infections caused by MSSA (IV)
- Uncomplicated urethral and endocervical gonorrhea and ano-rectal gonorrhea (females) caused by N. gonorrhoeae (no longer recommended, oral and IV)
NON-FDA APPROVED USES
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.