- No longer available in the U.S.
- Lower respiratory tract infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Gonorrhea including uncomplicated cervical and urethral gonorrhea
- Pelvic inflammatory disease caused by N. gonorrhoeae, E. coli or S. agalactiae
- Intra-abdominal infections (author’s comment: avoid in severe intra-abdominal infections)
- Septicemia caused by S. pneumoniae, MSSA, E. coli,Bacteroides spp. including B. fragilis, Klebsiella spp. and Serratia spp. (must confirm sensitivity)
- Skin and skin-structure infections (not MRSA)
- Bone and joint infections
- Meningitis caused by H. influenzae (limited data with S. pneumoniae)
NON-FDA APPROVED USES
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.