- Pneumonia caused by S. pneumoniae
- Febrile neutropenia (empiric therapy)
- Uncomplicated and complicated urinary tract infections including pyelonephritis (+/- bacteremia) caused by E. coli, K. pneumoniae, or P. mirabilis
- Uncomplicated skin and skin-structure infections caused by MSSA or S. pyogenes.
- Complicated intra-abdominal infections (in combination with metronidazole) caused by E. coli, viridans group streptococci, P. aeruginosa, K. pneumoniae, Enterobacter species, or B. fragilis.
NON-FDA APPROVED USES
- Shunt infections, CNS
- Appendicitis (with metronidazole)
- Diverticulitis (with metronidazole)
- Intra-abdominal abscess (with metronidazole)
- Osteomyelitis, acute
- Osteomyelitis, chronic
- Diabetic foot infection (with metronidazole or clindamycin)
- Hardware associated septic arthritis
- Acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.