Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Web-based Inquiry Statistics Query and Reporting System. Accessed December 18, 2020.
- Wasserman IM. The impact of epidemic, war, prohibition and media on suicide: United States, 1910-1920. Suicide Life Threat Behav. 1992;22(2):240-54. [PMID:1626335]
- Cheung YT, Chau PH, Yip PS. A revisit on older adults suicides and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) epidemic in Hong Kong. Int J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2008;23(12):1231-8. [PMID:18500689]
- Bitanihirwe BK. Monitoring and managing mental health in the wake of Ebola. Commentary. Ann Ist Super Sanita. 2016;52(3):320-322. [PMID:27698289]
- Banerjee D, Kosagisharaf JR, Sathyanarayana Rao TS. 'The dual pandemic' of suicide and COVID-19: A biopsychosocial narrative of risks and prevention. Psychiatry Res. 2021;295:113577. [PMID:33229123]
- Reger MA, Stanley IH, Joiner TE. Suicide Mortality and Coronavirus Disease 2019-A Perfect Storm? JAMA Psychiatry. 2020. [PMID:32275300]
Johns Hopkins University. Coronavirus Resource Center. Accessed December 18, 2020.
- Oyesanya M, Lopez-Morinigo J, Dutta R. Systematic review of suicide in economic recession. World J Psychiatry. 2015;5(2):243-54. [PMID:26110126]
- Christensen H, Batterham PJ, Soubelet A, et al. A test of the Interpersonal Theory of Suicide in a large community-based cohort. J Affect Disord. 2013;144(3):225-34. [PMID:22862889]
- VanderWeele TJ, Li S, Tsai AC, et al. Association Between Religious Service Attendance and Lower Suicide Rates Among US Women. JAMA Psychiatry. 2016;73(8):845-51. [PMID:27367927]
US Department of Justice. National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) Firearm Checks. Accessed December 18, 2020.
Faust J, Shah S, Du C, Li S-X, Lin Z, Krumholz H. Suicide Deaths during the Stay-at-Home Advisory in Massachusetts. medRxiv; 2020. p. https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.10.20.20215343.
Coroners Court of Victoria. Monthly Suicide Data Report.
Appleby L, Kapur N, Turnbull P, Richards N. Suicide in England since the COVID-19 pandemic - early figures from real-time surveillance. 2020.
Qin P, Mehlum L. National observation of death by suicide in the first 3 months under COVID-19 pandemic. Acta Psychiatr Scand. Oct 2020;
- Santini ZI, Jose PE, York Cornwell E, et al. Social disconnectedness, perceived isolation, and symptoms of depression and anxiety among older Americans (NSHAP): a longitudinal mediation analysis. Lancet Public Health. 2020;5(1):e62-e70. [PMID:31910981]
Odd D, Sleap V, Appleby L, Gunnell D, Luyt K. Child Suicide Rates during the COVID-19 Pandemic in England: Real-time Surveillance. National Child Mortality Database; 2020.
- Bray MJC, Daneshvari NO, Radhakrishnan I, et al. Racial Differences in Statewide Suicide Mortality Trends in Maryland During the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Pandemic. JAMA Psychiatry. 2020. [PMID:33325985]
International Labour Organization (ILO). COVID-19 and the world of work: country policy responses. 2020.
- Nordt C, Warnke I, Seifritz E, et al. Modelling suicide and unemployment: a longitudinal analysis covering 63 countries, 2000-11. Lancet Psychiatry. 2015;2(3):239-45. [PMID:26359902]
- Egede LE, Ruggiero KJ, Frueh BC. Ensuring mental health access for vulnerable populations in COVID era. J Psychiatr Res. 2020;129:147-148. [PMID:32912595]
- Chen Q, Liang M, Li Y, et al. Mental health care for medical staff in China during the COVID-19 outbreak. Lancet Psychiatry. 2020;7(4):e15-e16. [PMID:32085839]
- Zortea TC, Brenna CTA, Joyce M, et al. The Impact of Infectious Disease-Related Public Health Emergencies on Suicide, Suicidal Behavior, and Suicidal Thoughts. Crisis. 2020. [PMID:33063542]
Ueda M, Nordstrom R, Matsubayashi T. Suicide and mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic in Japan. medRxiv; 2020.