is a topic covered in the Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Treatment of acute, uncomplicated malaria infections due to Plasmodium falciparum in patients with ≥ 5 kg.
- Manufacturer does not recommend use for the treatment of severe malaria or the prevention of P. falciparum malaria.
- Most recent CDC guidelines recommend artemether/lumefantrine use for the treatment of severe malaria following administration of IV artesunate or while waiting for IV artesunate to arrive from CDC (see CDC website)
- Treatment of severe malaria due to P. falciparum following administration of IV artesunate or while awaiting for IV artesunate to arrive from CDC.
- Treatment of uncomplicated P. vivax malaria (2015 WHO recommendations).
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --