is a topic covered in the Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Human papillomaviruses (HPV): warts due to a diverse group of non-enveloped, double-stranded DNA tumor viruses. At least 130 genotypes have been identified. HPV typing not recommended routinely. See genital wart module for specifics on these lesions.
- HPV 1: palmar and plantar warts (Verruca plantaris)
- HPV 2, 4: common warts (Verruca vulgaris)
- HPV 3, 10: flat or plannar warts (Verruca plana)
- HPV 3, 5, 8: Epidermodysplasia verruciformis (EV)
- HPV 5: squamous cell carcinoma in EV
- HPV 16: digital squamous cell carcinoma
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --