- Treatment of CMV retinitis in pts with AIDS.
- Approval is based on three Phase II/III trials.
- The safety and efficacy of the drug have not been proven for CMV-related pneumonia, GI disease, congenital infection or neonatal disease. It also has not garnered approval for use in non-HIV infected persons.
- Treatment of CMV colitis and pneumonitis (efficacy not established).
- Treatment of acyclovir-resistant HSV.
- Treatment of adenovirus infection in severely immune compromised.
- Local injection (plus surgery) in recurrent respiratory papillomatosis (HPV)
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
© 2000–2023 Unbound Medicine, Inc. All rights reserved