is a topic covered in the Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Usually inflammatory and noninfectious.
- If infectious, frequently polymicrobial. Leading pathogens:
- Anaerobes: Clostridium and Bacteroides species.
- Pathogenic role of enterococci and anaerobes are not well defined and empirical coverage not usually required.
- Organisms cultured from bile/gallbladder: unclear pathogenicity unless also recovered in blood.
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --