Complementary and Alternative Medicine: Herbals
Johns Hopkins Guides provide diagnosis, management, and treatment guidance for infectious diseases, diabetes, and psychiatric conditions. Explore these free sample topics:
~~ The first section of this topic is shown below ~~
- Herbals refers to use of a plant or part of a plant for medicinal purpose.
- Also called botanical medicine or phytomedicine
- Many different herbal preparations used for treatment of diabetes (DM) in different cultures.
- Few have been systematically evaluated for efficacy and safety
- Compounds which have had some scientific evaluation are discussed in this module.