Joel E. Gallant, M.D., M.P.H.
- Associate Medical Director of Specialty Services, Southwest CARE Center, Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Adjunct Professor of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Clinical Professor of Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of New Mexico School of Medicine
- 95 peer-reviewed research publications
- 28 review articles
- 41 editorials, letters and case reports
- Co-author, with John G. Bartlett, of the Medical Management of HIV Infection
- Co-editor of Sande’s HIV/AIDS Management 2013 and Sande’s HIV/AIDS Management: Global Care
- Author of 100 Questions and Answers about HIV and AIDS
- M.D., University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine
- Residency and Chief Residency in Internal Medicine, Yale-New Haven Hospital
- M.P.H., Johns Hopkins University School of Hygiene and Public Health
- Fellowship in Infectious Diseases, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Fellow, American College of Physicians
- Fellow, Infectious Disease Society of America
- Chair, Board of Directors, HIV Medicine Association
- Governing Council, International AIDS Society
- Board of Directors, International Antiviral Society-USA
- American Academy of HIV Medicine (HIV specialist credential)
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Infectious Disease Committee member
- Editor-in-chief, Johns Hopkins HIV Guide
- Associate editor, HIV Web Study
- Editorial Board: Journal of Infectious Diseases
- Professor of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Professor of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Chief Resident and Instructor, Department of Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine.
- Investigator: HIV Prevention Trials Network (HPTN)
- Lead author: GS934, GS903, GS114, ESS30009
- Research Support: Bristol-Myers Squibb, Gilead Sciences, Merck & Co., Sangamo Biosciences, Vertex Pharmaceuticals, ViiV Healthcare
- DSMB/ERC Member - Takara Bio, Inc.
- Advisory Board/Consulting - Bristol Myers Squibb, Gilead Sciences, Merck & Co., Janssen Therapeutics
Joel E. Gallant, M.D., M.P.H. is a sample topic from the Johns Hopkins Author Bios.
Johns Hopkins Guides provide diagnosis, management, and treatment guidance for infectious diseases, diabetes, and psychiatric conditions. Learn more.
Last updated: May 8, 2014