Johns Hopkins Guides provide diagnosis, management, and treatment guidance for infectious diseases, diabetes, and psychiatric conditions. Explore these free sample topics:
~~ The first section of this topic is shown below ~~
- S. aureus: MRSA > MSSA
- Gram negative bacilli: Klebsiella, Enterobacter, E. coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, S. maltophilia, Acinetobacter spp. and others
- Most recent dreaded: KPC (carbapenemase producing Klebsiella) and other Gram negative bacilli (GNB), hard to treat.
- Legionella spp. (consider nosocomial epidemic)
- Anaerobes (aspiration rarely cultured due to need for uncontaminated specimen sources)
- Viruses: influenza, RSV, parainfluenza