Johns Hopkins Guides provide diagnosis, management, and treatment guidance for infectious diseases, diabetes, and psychiatric conditions. Explore these free sample topics:
~~ The first section of this topic is shown below ~~
- Acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis. Acute bacterial sinusitis.
- Community-acquired pneumonia (including those caused by multi-drug resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae)
- Uncomplicated skin and skin structure infections (oral, not MRSA). Complicated skin and skin structure infections, including diabetic foot infections (oral and IV, not MRSA)
- Complicated intra-abdominal infections, including polymicrobial infections such as abscesses. Author’s opinion: due to the potential resistance of B. fragilis, use in mild to moderate intra-abdominal infections only. Consider the addition of metronidazole for severe infections.
- Bacterial conjunctivitis (ophthalmic drops)
NON-FDA APPROVED USES
- Treatment of M. tuberculosis including MDR and XDR MTB (in combination)
- Treatment of MAI (in combination)