Johns Hopkins Guides provide diagnosis, management, and treatment guidance for infectious diseases, diabetes, and psychiatric conditions. Explore these free sample topics:
~~ The first section of this topic is shown below ~~
- Anemia secondary to chronic renal failure.
- Anemia secondary to AZT and low erythropoietin levels in HIV-infected pts.
- Anemia secondary to chemotherapy.
- Reduction of allogenic blood transfusion in pts with significant blood loss during surgery.
NON-FDA APPROVED USES
- Anemia without correctable cause in HIV-infected pts w/ low erythropoietin levels (< 500 IU/L).