Johns Hopkins Guides provide diagnosis, management, and treatment guidance for infectious diseases, diabetes, and psychiatric conditions. Explore these free sample topics:
~~ The first section of this topic is shown below ~~
- Upper respiratory tract infections including acute otitis media, pharyngitis, tonsillitis, acute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis (AECB), and acute maxillary sinusitis
- Acute uncomplicated urethral and cervical gonorrhea and ano-rectal gonorrhea (females) caused by N. gonorrhoeae [no longer recommended, cefixime preferred]
- Uncomplicated skin and skin-structure infections S. aureus (MSSA) or S. pyogenes.
- Uncomplicated urinary tract infections caused by E. coli, K. pneumoniae, P. mirabilis, or S. saprophyticus.
- Community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) caused by S. pneumoniae or H. influenzae