Lisa Spacek, M.D., Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Lutwama F, Serwadda R, Mayanja-Kizza H, Shihab HM, Ronald A, Kamya MR, Thomas D, Johnson E, Quinn TC, Moore RD, Spacek LA. Evaluation of Dynabeads and Cytospheres Compared With Flow Cytometry to Enumerate CD4+ T Cells in HIV-Infected Ugandans on Antiretroviral Therapy. JAIDS. 2008;48:297-303.
- Kamya MR, Mayanja-Kizza H, Kambugu A, Bakeera-Kitaka S, Semitala F, Mwebaze-Songa P, Castelnuovo B, Schaefer P, Spacek LA, Gasasira AF, Katabira E, Colebunders R, Quinn TC, Ronald A, Thomas DL, Kekitiinwa A; Academic Alliance for AIDS Care and Prevention in Africa. Predictors of long-term viral failure among Ugandan children and adults treated with antiretroviral therapy. JAIDS. 2007;46:187-93.
- Spacek LA, Shihab HM, Lutwama F, Summerton J, Mayanja H, Kamya MR, Ronald A, Margolick JB, Nilles TL, Quinn TC. Evaluation of a low-cost method, the Guava EasyCD4 assay, to enumerate CD4+ lymphocyte counts in HIV-infected patients in the US and Uganda. JAIDS. 2006;41:607-10.
- Spacek LA, Shihab HA, Kamya MR, Mwesigire D, Ronald A, Mayanja H, Moore RD, Quinn TC. Response to antiretroviral therapy in HIV-infected patients attending a public, urban clinic in Kampala, Uganda. Clin Infect Dis. 2006;42:252-9.
- Spacek LA, Gray RH, Wawer MJ, Sewankambo NK, Serwadda D, Wabwire-Mangen F, Kiwanuka N, Kigozi G, Nalugoda F, and Quinn TC for the Rakai Project Study Group. Clinical illness to initiate antiretroviral therapy in HIV infected persons in the rural setting of Rakai, Uganda. International Journal of STD and AIDS. 2006;17:116-20.
- Colebunders R, Moses KR, Laurence J, Shihab HM, Semitala F, Lutwama F, Bakeera-Kitaka S, Lynen L, Spacek L, Reynolds SJ, Quinn TC, Viner B, Mayanja-Kizza H. A new model to monitor the virological efficacy of antiretroviral treatment in resource-poor countries. Lancet Infect Dis. 2006;6:53-9.
- Costello C, Nelson K, Jamieson D, Spacek L, Sennun S, Tovanabutra S, Rungruenthanakit K, Suriyanon V, Duerr A. Predictors of low CD4 count in resource-limited settings: based on an antiretroviral-naive heterosexual Thai population. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2005;39:242-8.
- Kamya MR, Semitala FC, Quinn TC, Ronald A, Njama-Meya D, Mayanja-Kizza H, Katabira ET, Spacek LA. Total lymphocyte count of 1200 is not a sensitive predictor of CD4 lymphocyte count among patients with HIV disease in Kampala, Uganda. Afr Health Sci. 2004;4:94-101.
- Spacek LA, Griswold M, Quinn TC, Moore RD. Total lymphocyte count and hemoglobin combined in an algorithm to initiate the use of highly active antiretroviral therapy in resource-limited settings. AIDS 2003;17:1311-1317.
- Spacek LA, Quinn TC. International Travel: Recommendations for the HIV-infected Patient. Curr Infect Dis Rep. 2004 Oct;6(5):399-403.
- Reynolds SJ, Spacek LA and Quinn TC. HIV/AIDS-related problems in developing countries. In: Infectious Diseases. Cohen and Powderly (Eds). London: Harcourt Brace, 2008.
- Spacek LA and Quinn TC. HIV/AIDS-related problems in developing countries. In: Infectious Diseases. Cohen and Powderly (Eds). London: Harcourt Brace, 2003.
- Spacek LA. WHO draft guidelines for antiretroviral therapy in resource limited settings. Hopkins HIV Report, 2002; 14:3-4.
- MD, PhD, Ohio State University
- Residency in Internal Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine
- Fellowship in Infectious Diseases, Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine
- Infectious Diseases Society of America
- International AIDS Society
- Bristol Myers Squibb HIV Fellowship Research Program, 2002 and 2003
Lisa Spacek, M.D., Ph.D. is a sample topic found in Johns Hopkins Guides.
To find other Johns Hopkins Guides topics please log in or purchase a subscription.