- Fastidious, Gram negative aerobic coccobacillus.
- Part of normal respiratory and GU flora, especially in children (colonization rates 9-12% ages 12-24 mos).
- Kingella kingae most frequent human pathogen. Other occasional species include K. dentrificans and K. oralis.
- Generally susceptible to many antibiotic classes. Variably resistant to vancomycin and clindamycin.
Kingella species was found in Johns Hopkins ABX Guide.
If you are a registered user, please log in below.
If not, learn more about gaining full access.
- Johns Hopkins Guides include up-to-date, authoritative content to help you treat patients and raise the standard of care.
Try these free topics now!
Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
Johns Hopkins Diabetes Guide
Johns Hopkins HIV Guide