- DNA virus member of Herpesviridae family.
- Humans only known reservoir.
- Primary infection spread by respiratory route with viral latency established in nerves.
- By adulthood 90-95% infected (pre-vaccine era).
Varicella-zoster virus was found in Johns Hopkins ABX Guide.
If you are a registered user, please log in below.
If not, learn more about gaining full access.
- Johns Hopkins Guides include up-to-date, authoritative content to help you treat patients and raise the standard of care.
Try these free topics now!
Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
Johns Hopkins Diabetes Guide
Johns Hopkins HIV Guide