- Gram-negative diplococcus, appears identical to N. gonorrhoeae.
- Grows easily on blood chocolate agar.
- Colonizes upper airways in 5-15% of population, found only in humans.
- Commonly produces beta-lactamase, 95% of strains resistant to amoxicillin.
Moraxella catarrhalis was found in Johns Hopkins ABX Guide.
If you are a registered user, please log in below.
If not, learn more about gaining full access.
- Johns Hopkins Guides include up-to-date, authoritative content to help you treat patients and raise the standard of care.
Try these free topics now!
Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
Johns Hopkins Diabetes Guide
Johns Hopkins HIV Guide