- Loa loa: nematode parasite, sometimes called the "eye worm."
- One of three parasites causing human subcutaneous filariasis, the other two: Onchocerca volvulus, Mansonella streptocerca.
- Larvae and adults migrate to SQ skin and fat layers.
- Vector is the tabanid files, genus Chrysops (mango or mangrove fly), C. silacea and C. dimidiata (daytime biting horsefly, deerfly).
Loa Loa was found in Johns Hopkins ABX Guide.
If you are a registered user, please log in below.
If not, learn more about gaining full access.
- Johns Hopkins Guides include up-to-date, authoritative content to help you treat patients and raise the standard of care.
Try these free topics now!
Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
Johns Hopkins Diabetes Guide
Johns Hopkins HIV Guide