Johns Hopkins Guides provide diagnosis, management, and treatment guidance for infectious diseases, diabetes, and psychiatric conditions. Explore these free sample topics:
~~ The first section of this topic is shown below ~~
- Gram positive, facultative anaerobic (or microaerophilic) rod.
- Normal flora of GI/GU tract.
- Produces lactic acid from glycogen providing for a low vaginal pH.
- Species often employed for production of yogurt, cheese, wine and other fermented products.
- Inherently resistant to vancomycin.