- Gram positive, facultative anaerobic (or microaerophilic) rod.
- Normal flora of GI/GU tract.
- Produces lactic acid from glycogen providing for a low vaginal pH.
- Species often employed for production of yogurt, cheese, wine and other fermented products.
Lactobacillus was found in Johns Hopkins ABX Guide.
If you are a registered user, please log in below.
If not, learn more about gaining full access.
- Johns Hopkins Guides include up-to-date, authoritative content to help you treat patients and raise the standard of care.
Try these free topics now!
Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
Johns Hopkins Diabetes Guide
Johns Hopkins HIV Guide