- Common pathogens:
- S. aureus: especially community-acquired MRSA (USA 300 strains)
- P. aeruginosa: associated with whirlpools, hot tubs, heated swimming pool exposures
- Pityrosporum: HIV-associated
- Less common pathogens:
- Coliforms, e.g., Klebsiella, Proteus spp., etc.
- Demodex folliculorum, mostly HIV-associated
Folliculitis was found in Johns Hopkins ABX Guide.
If you are a registered user, please log in below.
If not, learn more about gaining full access.
- Johns Hopkins Guides include up-to-date, authoritative content to help you treat patients and raise the standard of care.
Try these free topics now!
Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
Johns Hopkins Diabetes Guide
Johns Hopkins HIV Guide