Johns Hopkins Guides provide diagnosis, management, and treatment guidance for infectious diseases, diabetes, and psychiatric conditions. Explore these free sample topics:
~~ The first section of this topic is shown below ~~
- Respiratory tract infections S. pneumoniae and S. pyogenes
- Author’s comment: generally not recommended.
- Otitis media caused by S. pneumoniae, H. influenzae, MSSA, S. pyogenes, and M. catarrhalis
- Skin and skin-structure infections caused by S. pyogenes and S. aureus (MSSA)
- Osteomyelitis: MSSA and/or P. mirabilis
- Author’s comment: not a first-line agent.
- Urinary tract infections including acute prostatitis caused by E. coli, P. mirabilis, and K. pneumoniae
- Author’s comment: not a first-line agent