- Yeast, seen as 4-6µm organism, pseudomycelia.
- One of few fungi that grow on blood agar and in blood culture media.
- Common non-albicans spp: C. glabrata, C. guilliermondii, C. krusei, C. kefyr, C. lusitaniae, C. parapsilosis, C. tropicalis.
- See separate module for Candida albicans.
Candida species was found in Johns Hopkins ABX Guide.
If you are a registered user, please log in below.
If not, learn more about gaining full access.
- Johns Hopkins Guides include up-to-date, authoritative content to help you treat patients and raise the standard of care.
Try these free topics now!
Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
Johns Hopkins Diabetes Guide
Johns Hopkins HIV Guide