Johns Hopkins Guides provide diagnosis, management, and treatment guidance for infectious diseases, diabetes, and psychiatric conditions. Explore these free sample topics:
~~ The first section of this topic is shown below ~~
- Protozoan hemoflagellate, agent of human African Sleeping Sickness.
- Zoonotic infection of cattle, transmitted by painful bite of TseTse fly (Fig 1, not preventable with DEET) in rural African locales.
- Trypanosoma brucei complex of which two subspecies exist:
- T. b. gambiense causes West African sleeping sickness
- T. b. rhodesiense causes East African sleeping sickness