- Protozoan hemoflagellate, agent of human African Sleeping Sickness.
- Zoonotic infection of cattle, transmitted by painful bite of TseTse fly (Fig 1, not preventable with DEET) in rural African locales.
- Trypanosoma brucei complex of which two subspecies exist:
- T. b. gambiense causes West African sleeping sickness
- T. b. rhodesiense causes East African sleeping sickness
Trypanosoma brucei gambiense/rhodesiense was found in Johns Hopkins ABX Guide.
If you are a registered user, please log in below.
If not, learn more about gaining full access.
- Johns Hopkins Guides include up-to-date, authoritative content to help you treat patients and raise the standard of care.
Try these free topics now!
Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
Johns Hopkins Diabetes Guide
Johns Hopkins HIV Guide